Did you know that...
- Mayoi speaks about books often, which suggests that he reads a lot or likes to learn? He has mentioned The Phantom of the Opera (1910), The Hunchback of Notre-Dame (1831), and Daddy-Long-Legs (1912) thus far. He tends to compare himself to figures within the books he mentions. In regards to non-fiction, he has rambled about psychology to Niki in a chapter of the Main Story as well.
- Mayoi absolutely loves grapes? When the Starmony Dorm cafeteria had a grape dessert on its menu, he reacted with such excitement that Anzu asked if he likes them. He mentions that he loves eating them because when he punctures the skin with his teeth, the juice of the grape bursts in his mouth. Grapes were confirmed as his favorite food within an official magazine.
- Mayoi lived underground before he was made to move into the old building of the Starmony Dorm? He describes it as dark and damp, has mentioned that he can see the stages built underground from within it, and would set deadly traps to protect whatever he keeps within.
- Mayoi grew up crawling through the ceiling vents and other passages in the Ensemble Square building? He mentions often that he knows the building better than anyone, and that it was like his own body, so any elements that are unwelcome, such as Ibara's mouse drones in Vagabond, feel like a personal offense to him.
- Mayoi is known as the "Phantom" for leaving advice letters for struggling idols who were practicing alone? While he never reveals to those he teaches that it is him, some know of his actions; Natsume and Wataru always refer to him as the Phantom, and Midori thanks him for his advice in an office quote.
- Mayoi keeps a teddy bear plushie with him in Starmony Dorm? While it has not been touched upon in stories yet, it is seen in his bed in the ALKALOID dorm room in the old building of Starmony Dorm, which implies he sleeps with it.
- A kind person who can't resist helping others when he sees they need help, no matter how anxious he may feel about approaching them. He offers help on multiple occasions, only some of which being helping Hiiro dress, helping Aira practice his dancing, encouraging and listening to Tatsumi when he feels dejected, and helping Sora find a suitable room for Switch to meet.
- Drawn to the innocence of others, often stating that he wants to protect those who are innocent from the world that wants to hurt them, even if it meant locking them up.
- Someone who tends to get overexcited and speak in length about what interests him, even if it may be inappropriate for the occasion.
- Someone who lacks a brain-to-mouth filter, which often leads to him blurting out his thoughts even when he didn't intend to.
- Someone who loves to teach others, and who is seen as an excellent teacher by others. He has stated that teaching others is his specialty. When others are less experienced than him, he visibly shows excitement in being able to help them learn.
- Someone who loves to take care of others, sometimes to the point of babying them, as is shown when he gives Tatsumi a piggyback ride late in the Main Story.
- Someone who sees himself as filthy and impure despite those around him trying to combat those statements, and who is made anxious by those he deems too bright or pure for him to be around.
- Sensitive to the feelings of others, often being able to sense another's intentions or getting caught up in others' anxieties.
- Someone with severe anxiety, which makes him experience great difficulty around others. He will feel physically ill when encountering too many people at once, and will try to escape the situation so as not to inconvenience others.
Other Small Facts:
- Mayoi mentioned in the Main Story that for a long time, he hadn't been treated like he was human. For this reason, he has difficulty considering himself human like those around him. He lumps himself in with vampires as "inhuman things that bring others discomfort", but does not consider himself a vampire.
- Mayoi is or was scared of vampires, and in particular the Sakuma Clan. He was told stories of their ferocity as a child and was greatly startled when Ritsu and Rei did not fit the mold of those stories.
- Mayoi mentioned offhand that he has been alone for a long time and thus has no one contacting him in response to Aira saying that his parents pestered him with texts about his wellbeing.
- Mayoi has stated once that as a child he had a "fatal genetic disease", but he has not elaborated on this any further.